Using jMeter to Load Test File Processing
January 7, 2011
I have a web site that accepts files in various formats, then processes them. The data ultimately ends up in a database.
We wanted to do a load test of this service, submitting multiple files simultaneously. JMeter can do this for us.
- Start jMeter using the jmeter.bat file in the bin directory
- Right click Test Plan, add/Threads (Users)/Thread Group
- Right click ThreadGroup, add/Sampler/HTTPRequest
- Number of threads can be controlled on thread group, as can the ramp-up time
- On HTTP Request, enter Server name or ip, Port, Method = POST, Path = /url/file/submitted/to
- Add file path, with parameter name as appropriate
- Run/Start to run the test. The number of threads running is shown top right during the test.
The test is logged to jmeter.log in JMeter's bin directory.
Comments for this entry are closed.